Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How Do I love Thee?

"I love you" doesn't mean "I love you for now", "I love you until you disappoint me", or "I love you until you change". It means that I accept you for who you are and that I do not wish to change you into someone else. "I love you" means that I want to grow alongside you, do life with you. It means always supporting you, caring for you, and praying for you. It means telling you the truth even when it may not be what you want to hear, and knowing that you do the same for me. It means giving you space, but always being there for you. It means that I do not expect you to be perfect-just as you do not expect it from me. It means not running when things get tough, but standing by you in the good times and the bad. It means loving you when you're in a bad mood, or too tired to do the things I want to do. It means respecting your opinions. It means cherishing the long conversations about nothing in particular that are really full of meaning and purpose. It means loving you when you're down, not just when you're fun to be with. "I love you" means that I know your deepest secrets and do not judge you for them-asking in return only that you do not judge me for mine. It means that I care enough to fight for what we have and that I love enough not to let go. It means respecting you, encouraging you and building you up. It means thinking of you, dreaming of you, and wanting the best for you, and never taking for-granted the blessing of having you in my life. Love is not just a word, it is an action to be shown.

1 comment: